Oaks Amusement Park
Oaks Amusement Park is a popular destination for families. Oaks park offers a variety of thrill rides, including the Wooden Roller Coaster, the Log Flume Ride, and the Ferris Wheel. There are also a variety of kiddie rides, including the Tea Cups and the Carousel. The park offers several picnic areas, as well as several food options. You can find everything from burgers and fries to pizza and chicken strips at Oaks Amusement Park.
Roller skating, mini-golf, and a carousel are just a few of the classic attractions you’ll find at Oaks Amusement Park. This amusement park is perfect for everyone in the family. Whether you’re looking for a thrill or just some fun times with your loved ones, Oaks Amusement Park is the place to go!
History of Oaks Amusement Park
The Oaks Amusement Park was established in 1880 and lasted until the late 1960s. At that time, it had grown to over forty acres with a train station for its many visitors. It officially closed down in 1968 after being sold at public auction due to financial difficulties brought on by increased competition from other amusement parks such as King’s Island and Knott’s Berry Farm.
Local investors reopened the Oaks Amusement Park in 1975, and it has run strong ever since! The park has seen many additions and renovations, but it still maintains its nostalgic charm. Today, Oaks Amusement Park is Portland’s only amusement park. It has about ten amusement rides, a food court with many different options to choose from, and local crafts for sale in the gift shop!
Facts About Oaks Amusement Park
– Oaks Amusement Park is located in Portland, Oregon.
– It is the oldest amusement park in the Northwest United States.
– Oaks Amusement Park has over 30 rides and attractions, including a roller coaster, carousel, and Ferris wheel.
– The park also features food concessions and games arcades.
– The Tea Cups are a kid favorite!
– The Wooden Roller Coaster is one of the most popular rides in the park.
What to See in Oaks Amusement Park
If you’re looking for a great place to take the kids, Oaks Amusement Park is a must-see. There’s something for everyone in this Portland attraction with rides, games, and food options.
The Tea Cups: This ride consists of four teacups that spin and swirls around a center pole. Be careful – it can get pretty fast!
The Log Flume Ride: This is one the most popular rides in Portland’s Oaks Amusement Park, and for a good reason! It takes you through a mysterious forest before dropping you into an exciting splashdown at the end.
The Wooden Roller Coaster: This is the oldest coaster in Oaks Amusement Park, and it’s still one of the most popular! It’s an excellent ride for those who love a good thrill.
The Carousel: This beautiful carousel has been around since 1905 and is a must-ride for anyone visiting Oaks Amusement Park.
The Ferris Wheel: This classic ride is the perfect way to catch a breathtaking view of Portland! It’s one of Oaks Amusement Park’s most popular attractions for a good reason.
The Raging Rapids: This ride is not for the faint of heart! If you’re looking for a good adrenaline rush, then Rapids is the perfect attraction for you.
The Scary House: For those who love a good scare, the Scary House is a must-ride. Be prepared to be scared out of your mind!
The Tilt a Whirl: This ride is not for those with motion sickness. If you’re looking to get dizzy and have fun, be sure to visit the Tilt a Whirl at Oaks Amusement Park.
Kiddie Rides: Kids will love spending some time on these colorful, fun rides at Oaks Amusement Park. There’s something for everyone in this section of the park!
Games Arcades: Oaks Amusement Park is home to several games arcades, where you can test your luck and try to win some prizes. These arcades are a great way to keep the kids entertained for hours on end.
Food Court: No visit to Oaks Amusement Park is complete without a stop at the food court! This park area is home to several different concession stands, each unique menu. You’re sure to find something to please everyone’s taste buds.
Gift Shop: The gift shop at Oaks Amusement Park is the perfect place to find souvenirs to take home with you. You’ll find a variety of Portland-themed merchandise to choose from, including apparel and more!
For those who love a little bit of everything, Oaks Amusement Park is the perfect destination. With its variety of rides and attractions, this amusement park offers something for everyone in the family. Whether you’re looking for a thrill or just some fun times with your loved ones, Oaks Amusement Park is the place to go!
Activities and Events in Oaks Amusement Park
Easter Egg Hunt: The Easter egg hunt is a fun event for the whole family. Kids will love hunting for eggs around the park, and there are plenty of prizes to be won!
Summer Concert Series: Oaks Amusement Park hosts a concert series with local bands every summer. A summer concert is a great way to enjoy some live music while also having a good time at the park.
Santa Visit: Kids will love seeing Santa during his visit to Oaks Amusement Park every December! Santa Visit is an excellent event for families with small children, and it’s a lot of fun for everyone involved.
Pumpkin Patch: The pumpkin patch is a must-visit for those who love Halloween. Find the perfect pumpkin to carve or decorate, and enjoy some festive fun at Oaks Amusement Park!
What Not to Do in Oaks Amusement Park
Oaks Amusement Park is a great place to have some fun, but there are a few things you should avoid doing while you’re there.
- Don’t ride if you’re pregnant: This amusement park is home to several thrilling rides, and it’s not safe for pregnant women to ride them.
- No outside food or drinks: Oaks Amusement Park has a great selection of food options, so there’s no need to bring your own. Save yourself the hassle and enjoy some delicious park food instead!
- No smoking: Oaks Amusement Park is a smoke-free zone, so please be sure to abide by this policy. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the park.
- No running: Oaks Amusement Park has its share of thrill-seekers, but the park is not a good place for you to let loose and run around freely. Please make sure to stay on the designated paths while inside this amusement park.
What to Bring in Oaks Amusement Park
Oaks Amusement Park has several things to offer, but there are a few items that you shouldn’t forget to bring along.
- Your ticket: You’ll need your Oaks Amusement Park admission ticket to enter the park and enjoy all of its attractions. Make sure not to lose it!
- Sunscreen: The sun can be pretty intense at Oaks Amusement Park, so it’s essential to bring sunscreen along. You’ll also want some protection for your eyes and lips!
- Cash: Many of the attractions in this amusement park require you to purchase tokens rather than tickets. Make sure not to forget cash if you hope to ride many rides or play games.
- A water bottle: Stay hydrated by bringing a water bottle with you to Oaks Amusement Park. Water will help you stay calm and refreshed on those hot days.
Hours: Oaks Amusement Park is open on weekends from March through October. Hours vary depending on the day, but it’s generally around 11 am to midnight or later. Sunday hours are usually between noon and 11 pm.
Address: 7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, OR 97202, United States. Oaks Amusement Park is easily accessible by car. It’s located off SE Powell Valley Rd., and ample parking is available on site. You can also take public transportation to the park; the bus stop is located right in front of the entrance!
If you’re looking for a House Cleaning in Portland, you can book with us!
Next Thing To Do In Portland: