Sunnyside Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon
In Portland, Oregon, Sunnyside Neighborhood is a perfect place to live for people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. One of Sunnyside’s most popular features is its nestled right against Mount Tabor Park, which offers many recreational opportunities such as hiking trails and nature walks. The neighborhood has an eclectic mix of homes, including Victorian-style houses with wrap-around porches or mid-century modern homes with clean lines and plenty of windows—beautiful restaurants like Bluehour (which specializes in seafood) and Laughing Planet (a vegan restaurant).
Plus, since the neighborhood is located so close to downtown Portland, it’s easy to take advantage of all that the city has to offer. For example, there are plenty of great shopping districts and cultural attractions. Sunnyside is also home to many independent businesses, making it an excellent place for people who want to support their local community. Finally, the residents in Sunnyside are friendly and welcoming, making it an easy place to make friends. If you’re looking for a charming neighborhood with many personalities, then Sunnyside is worth checking out!
About Sunnyside Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon
Sunnyside is located in Northeast Portland and is one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the city. It’s home to a large immigrant population, and you’ll find everything from Vietnamese restaurants to Somali markets here. The neighborhood has a strong community feel, with plenty of events and activities happening throughout the year.
Although Sunnyside is not as close to downtown as other neighborhoods, it is still close enough to commute. The neighborhood has a mix of homes and apartment buildings and some commercial areas on the main streets. It is easily accessible from I-84, and several bus lines run through the area.
Sunnyside is a great place to live if you’re looking for a diverse and vibrant community. There are plenty of things to do in the neighborhood, and it’s close to downtown. It’s also a great place to raise kids, as there are plenty of parks and schools in the area. If you’re looking for a new home in Portland, Sunnyside is worth considering.
Facts About Sunnyside Neighborhood
Sunnyside is a neighborhood located in Northeast Portland, Oregon. It borders the neighborhoods of Alberta Arts District to the north, Hollywood to the east, and Sullivan’s Gulch to the south. Sunnyside was once an independent town before being annexed into Portland in 1889.
The boundaries of Sunnyside are unofficial but typically considered to be Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard on the north, Interstate 84 on the east, NE 33rd Avenue on the south, and Sandy Boulevard on the west. The neighborhood has approximately 11,000 people and is home to businesses, restaurants, and art galleries.
Some notable landmarks in Sunnyside include Peninsula Park Rose Garden (the oldest rose garden in Oregon), the Sunnyside School (the oldest continuously operated school in Portland), and the historic Hollywood Theatre. The MAX light rail line also serves the neighborhood.
What’s in Sunnyside Neighborhood?
The Sunnyside Neighborhood is located just south of downtown Portland, Oregon, near the Willamette River. Over time, this area has been known as one of Portland’s most diverse neighborhoods. It was initially filled with ethnic family groups who lived there for many years before others moved into the neighborhood.
Today, those from different backgrounds still reside here. Still, they now live alongside other residents, including families and young professionals looking for an affordable place to rent or own within proximity to downtown amenities. The homes currently found throughout this beautiful community were primarily built between 1900 and 1940 though some date back even further than that period.
For those who love nature, living in Sunnyside puts you moments away from walking or biking along the Willamette River and also offers easy access to both Mt. Tabor Park and Laurelhurst Park, which are two of Portland’s most popular green spaces. Additionally, you’ll find a variety of local businesses and shops scattered throughout the neighborhood, as well as several restaurants that will surely satisfy any craving.
Activities and Events in Sunnyside Neighborhood
The Sunnyside neighborhood has many different activities and events throughout the year. There are many family-friendly places to visit, with some tremendous kid-centered restaurants in particular. This is a beautiful place for families who want to explore more than just local shops on foot!
– Farmers Market: The Sunnyside Farmers Market is located on the corner of 35th and Yamhill St. There are over 60 local vendors that sell their produce, flowers, and crafts every Sunday from May to October.
– Powell Butte Nature Park: This park is located in the middle of the Sunnyside neighborhood and is an excellent place for a nature walk or picnic lunch. There are over 500 acres of forests, meadows, wetlands, and rocky cliffs to explore, along with a historic farmhouse.
– The Rose Festival: One of the best things about the Sunnyside neighborhood is the annual Rose Festival each year. There are several different parades and street fairs throughout the week and carnival rides that are free for kids.
– Annual Sunnyside Children’s Festival: This event includes a petting zoo, pony rides, and other family-friendly activities for kids. There is also a playground, food trucks, and live music. This event takes place every year in September on the grounds of Sunnyside School.
– Sunnyside Movie Night: This free event happens every month and features a different family-friendly movie. It’s a great way to experience local culture and meet new people. Bring your blankets, snacks, and lawn chairs for this fun outdoor event!
– Sunnyside Street Fair: This annual street fair takes place every September and includes excellent local food, vendors selling handmade goods, carnival rides, live music performances, and free family-friendly activities. It’s a great way to spend a day in the Sunnyside neighborhood!
– Art Walk: The Sunnyside neighborhood is home to many talented artists, and several art galleries are open to the public every month. Take a stroll through the neighborhood and enjoy some local art!
Things to Do Near Sunnyside Neighborhood
Mazamas: Climb to the top of Mount Hood and enjoy a picnic lunch.
Powell’s City of Books: Shop for books at Powell’s, the largest independent bookstore globally.
International Rose Test Garden: Stroll through this beautiful garden and take in the fragrance of over 500 varieties of roses.
Oregon Zoo: Visit the Oregon Zoo and see various animals from around the world.
Movie Madness Video: Rent a movie and relax at home in the Sunnyside Neighborhood.
The Historic Belmont Firehouse: Take a walk through it and learn about its past.
Portland Japanese Garden: Experience the tranquility and peacefulness of this beautiful Japanese garden.
If you’re looking for House Cleaning Service in Portland, go with us!