Lloyd District Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon
Portland, Oregon, is a beautiful city with many great neighborhoods. One of the best and most popular neighborhoods in Portland is Lloyd District Neighborhood. The community has an upscale feel while still being family-friendly and welcoming to all walks of life. This neighborhood is located on the east side of town, near downtown Portland and offers many amenities, including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, grocery stores, parks, and more!
Lloyd District Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon, is a great place to live for many reasons. The community has an up-scale feel while still being family-friendly and welcoming of all walks of life. This neighborhood is located on the east side of town near Downtown Portland with access to plenty of amenities, including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, grocery stores parks, among other things.
Consequently, the area constantly buzzes with energy and offers residents a unique Portland experience. If you are looking for an incredible neighborhood to call home in Portland, look no further than Lloyd District Neighborhood!
Suppose you’re looking for an energetic and up-scale neighborhood to live in Portland, OR – look no further than the Lloyd District! This community has everything you need including great restaurants, bars, coffee shops, parks, and more. Plus, it’s located just east of downtown making it easy to get around town.
History of Lloyd District Neighborhood
Lloyd District is a neighborhood in the inner northeast section of Portland, Oregon. It centers on the Lloyd Center shopping mall and movie theaters. In 2010 it was 94% non-Hispanic white with an average age of 36 years old. Its history dates back to 1891 when Colonel Henry J. Failing cofounded a streetcar company called East Side Railway Company which built lines along Grand Avenue and NE Broadway Street that led from downtown to residential neighborhoods across town such as Laurelhurst, Beaumont, King’s Heights, and Arbor Lodge where homes were being developed by 1903. The area between N Interstate Ave and NE Holladay St went undeveloped until 1905, when Union Station opened at Yamhill Street, bringing more travelers into the area. In 1910 Lloyd Hotel opened as a luxury hotel for travelers and was built by the same person who owned Union Station, Ben Holladay Jr.
Commercial development began in earnest on NE Broadway St between Weidler Street and N Interstate Ave after World War I, with automobile dealerships opening along that section of the road creating a new auto sales strip which lent its name to the district: “Automobile Row,” where many car-related businesses such as gas stations, garages and tire shops were located over time until it declined during the 1980s when Old Town Chinatown neighborhood became more popular than Automobile Alley because it had similar retail offerings but also featured bars and restaurants open late into the night making it one of Portland’s most vibrant neighborhoods at that time. Lloyd District has seen a resurgence in recent years with new housing, office buildings, and hotels.
Today, Lloyd District is home to some businesses and organizations, including Nike World Headquarters, Google Portland Office, Adidas North America Corporate Office, Comcast Regional Headquarters for Oregon and Southwest Washington, Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland Manufacturing Facility, Legacy Health’s corporate headquarters, Providence Park home of the Portland Timbers and Thorns FC soccer teams and Moda Center home of the NBA’s Portland Trail Blazers.
The district is also served by TriMet’s MAX Light Rail, which opened its first line in 1986, running from Beaverton through downtown Portland and terminating at Lloyd Center, making it easy for commuters to live in Washington County and work in the city. The district is also home to Lloyd EcoDistrict, which has worked with area businesses, residents, and community organizations towards becoming a sustainable neighborhood since 2009.
Facts About Lloyd District Neighborhood
– The Lloyd District neighborhood is located in Northeast Portland, Oregon. Irvington, Beaumont-Wilshire border it, and Rose City Park to the north; Sullivan’s Gulch and Boise to the east; Hosford-Abernethy and Cully to the south; and the Willamette River to the west.
– This vibrant district is located in Northeast Portland and is home to more than 12,000 residents and businesses like Nike, Daimler Trucks North America, and Google. And if sports are your thing, the Lloyd District is also home to the Moda Center (formerly the Rose Garden Arena), which is the home of the Portland Trail Blazers NBA basketball team.
– Lloyd District is also home to the Moda Center (formerly the Rose Garden Arena), which is the home of the Portland Trail Blazers NBA basketball team. The arena was built in 1995 and had a seating capacity of 19,980.
– The Lloyd District neighborhood is in the process of being redeveloped with a new city park, high-rise residential and office buildings, and a hotel. The first phase of the redevelopment project was completed in 2016 with the opening of Hassalo on Eighth. This mixed-use development includes over 670 apartments, retail space, and a grocery store. Additional phases are planned for completion in 2019 and 2021.
– The Lloyd District is also home to the Oregon Convention Center, the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, when it opened in 1990. It has since been expanded four times and now totals over one million square feet of exhibition space. Each year, the center hosts more than 500 events, including significant conventions, trade shows, meetings, banquets, and other special events.
Activities and Events in Lloyd District Neighborhood
Lloyd Center is a shopping mall and the main attraction in Lloyd District. It has over 200 stores, including Macy’s, Nordstrom, Sears, and JCPenney. The food court has more than 20 vendors, and there are several restaurants on the premises as well.
The Lloyd Cinemas theater features stadium seating and digital projection. It shows first-run movies and offers discount tickets for Regal Entertainment Group theaters nationwide.
In addition to all that Lloyd District has to offer visitors and residents alike, several annual activities and events take place here. These include the Portland Marathon (which starts just outside the district), the Bite of Oregon food festival held at Tom McCall Waterfront Park (which also begins and ends near the district), and the Waterfront Blues Festival.
What to see in Lloyd District Neighborhood?
– Lloyd Center Mall: over 165 stores and restaurants. Home to the Silver Cinema, which offers a variety of food options inside, too!
– The Oregon Ballet Theatre: Founded in 1963, OBT is one of this nation’s most prestigious ballet companies. Their new home features two theaters for performances as well as rehearsal facilities. It also houses several retail spaces open to the public on non-performance days.
– Portland Saturday Market: Open every weekend from March to Christmas; this market is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the country. More than 350 vendors sell everything from food to art here.
– Hoyt Arboretum: This arboretum covers 190 acres and contains more than 4000 different species of plants! It’s an excellent place for a walk or a picnic lunch.
– The Oregon Zoo: With over 2000 animals, this zoo is one of the largest in the United States. A few of its most famous residents are Kumba (an elephant) and Meeko (a red panda).
Things to Do in Lloyd District Neighborhood
International Rose Test Garden: The International Rose Test Garden is a beautiful garden located in the Lloyd District neighborhood of Portland, Oregon. The garden features over 500 different roses, making it a must-see for any rose enthusiast.
Oregon Museum of Science and Industry: The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is a museum that showcases various exhibits and events. The OMSI provides unique learning experiences for people of all ages, making it one of the top attractions in the Lloyd District neighborhood.
Portland Japanese Garden: The Portland Japanese Garden is a beautiful garden that features traditional Japanese architecture and landscaping. The garden is a great place to relax and take in the stunning beauty of Japanese culture.
Washington Park: Washington Park is a large park located in the Lloyd District neighborhood of Portland. The park offers plenty of things to do, including hiking trails, picnic areas, and a zoo.
Pittock Mansion: Pittock Mansion is a historic mansion that offers visitors a glimpse into the life of Portland’s early settlers. The mansion is open for tours, where you can learn about the family who lived there.
Lan Su Chinese Garden: Lan Su Chinese Garden is a beautiful garden built in the traditional Tang Dynasty style. The garden offers visitors a chance to experience Chinese culture and architecture.
Willamette Valley: The Willamette Valley is a region in Oregon known for its wineries and vineyards. The valley is just a short drive from the Lloyd District neighborhood, making it an excellent destination for wine lovers.
Forest Park: Forest Park is a large park located in the northwest section of Portland. The park features miles of hiking trails and plenty of other outdoor activities. Forest Park is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a nature-filled day trip.
If you’re looking for House Cleaning Service in Portland, go with us!