South Burlingame Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon
The South Burlingame Neighborhood in Portland, Oregon, is one of the popular communities for people to live in. It has a perfect location that is close to both downtown and the airport. The streets are lined with towering trees that provide shade during the summer months while also keeping some of the rain off your head on stormy days. This neighborhood is excellent for young families because of its proximity to schools and parks, but there are plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops nearby if you want to venture out into other parts of town too!
About South Burlingame Neighborhood
– South Burlingame is a historic neighborhood of Portland, Oregon. It borders the West Hills, Southwest Hills, and Collins View neighborhoods on the west; Linnton and United Columbia (neighborhood) on the north; Forest Park and Hillside on the east; and Willamette Boulevard/West Linn across the river on its south shore.
– The area was initially settled by the Tualatin Kalapuya Native Americans and later by pioneers in the mid-19th century. By the early 20th century, it had become a streetcar suburb of Portland. Many of its original houses remain, including some from the Arts and Crafts movement.
– South Burlingame is home to notable residents such as architect Pietro Belluschi, author Beverly Cleary (whose house can be toured), former Oregon governors Tom McCall and Barbara Roberts, and current U.S. Senator Ron Wyden. It also includes Forest Park, one of the largest urban parks in the United States.
– South Burlingame is a popular neighborhood for young families, and its schools are highly rated. It is also close to many businesses and recreational amenities, including downtown Portland, Forest Park, the Oregon Zoo, and Washington Park.
Facts About South Burlingame Neighborhood
– South Burlingame is a historic neighborhood in southeast Portland, Oregon.
– The neighborhood was platted in 1892, and it contains some of the city’s oldest homes.
– Many of the homes in the neighborhood were built between 1910 and 1930.
– The streets in South Burlingame are lined with mature trees, and several parks are located within the neighborhood.
– South Burlingame is a popular residential neighborhood for families and young professionals.
– The median home value in the neighborhood is $405,000.
– The Portland Public Schools district serves the neighborhood.
Several businesses and restaurants are located in South Burlingame, including a grocery store, coffee shop, and several restaurants.
– The neighborhood is home to the South Burlingame Business Association, which hosts an annual Street Festival in September.
– The community supports several local non-profit organizations that provide services for children and families.
– Many of the homes in South Burlingame are charming craftsman bungalows with front porches complete with swings. There are also several colorful cottages located throughout the neighborhood.
– South Burlingame is a popular destination for visitors and residents alike. There are several annual community events in the neighborhood, including an Easter egg hunt, a tree lighting ceremony at Christmas time, and a fall harvest festival.
Activities and Events in South Burlingame Neighborhood
There are plenty of activities and events to enjoy in the South Burlingame Neighborhood. Every Thursday, the local farmers market shops on McLoughlin Boulevard, selling fresh produce, flowers, and prepared foods from Oregon-based vendors. The market is open from May through October, rain or shine.
Suppose you’re looking for something a little more active, head over to Stephens Creek Park. This large park has a playground, basketball court, tennis courts, and a paved walking path that winds its way around the park’s perimeter. In the summer months, the park comes alive with concerts and movie nights under the stars.
For a dose of culture and history, check out Mt. Tabor’s historic reservoirs. These two reservoirs were built in the late 1800s to provide water for the city. They are open daily from April through October, but be sure to bring your camera—the views of downtown Portland are stunning!
If you’re interested in trying your hand at gardening or want some fresh produce for dinner, head out to Shaver Community Garden. This community garden has been plotted for rent where individuals can grow their veggies and fruit trees!
South Burlingame Neighborhood offers something special for everyone, whether it’s live music, dining outdoors under the stars, or enjoying local vendors at the farmers market every Thursday afternoon.
What’s in South Burlingame Neighborhood?
There are many things to do in South Burlingame Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon. You can visit the Oregon Zoo, one of the country’s largest zoos. If you’re looking for something a little more active, head to Powell Butte Nature Park, where you can hike and enjoy nature. Families will love attractions like Oaks Amusement Park and Sellwood Riverfront Park. There are plenty of great restaurants and shopping options in the South Burlingame Neighborhood.
You can do several things in South Burlingame Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon, including visiting places like Oaks Amusement Park and Sellwood Riverfront Park, both family-friendly options. If you’re feeling more active, then there’s Powell Butte Nature Park, where you can hike or explore nature trails, depending on your preference. For those looking to eat, there are some fantastic restaurants to try within the South Burlingame Neighborhood, such as Por Que No, a Mexican restaurant serving up some of the best food in the area.
If you’re looking for something to do in South Burlingame Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon, then there are plenty of great attractions and activities to take part in. The Oregon Zoo is one of the largest zoos in America and well worth a visit. If hiking or spending time outdoors is more your thing, then head on over to Powell Butte Nature Park for some fantastic views and trails. There’s also Oaks Amusement Park, which offers amusement rides, and Sellwood Riverfront Park, which provides beautiful scenery by the Willamette River. So whatever it is that you’re looking for, South Burlingame Neighborhood, Portland has several great attractions to help you have fun.
Many things can be done in the South Burlingame neighborhood, such as visiting places like Sellwood Riverfront Park and Oaks Amusement Park, which offer activities for families. If you’re looking for something more active, then visit Powell Butte Nature Park, where hiking or nature trails are your thing. There’s also plenty of restaurants in the South Burlingame neighborhood, including Por Que No Mexican restaurant serving up some of the best food within this area. And if it’s entertainment or nightlife that interests you, then head on over to Alberta Rose Theater which offers a wide range of events from comedy shows to musicals. Whatever it may be that you’re interested in doing, South Burlingame Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon, is a great place to do it.
Things to Do Near South Burlingame Neighborhood
Fulton Park: This park has a small pond and is famous for fishing.
Hayhurst Park: This neighborhood is near Hayhurst Park, which offers several sports fields, a playground, and picnic areas.
Oregon Zoo: The Oregon Zoo is one of Portland’s most popular tourist destinations.
Washington Park: Washington Park is a large park that offers a variety of activities, including hiking and biking trails, gardens, and a children’s play area.
Portland Art Museum: The Portland Art Museum is the largest in Oregon and offers a variety of exhibits.
Portland Japanese Garden: This garden is a beautiful place to spend time, and it’s free.
Pittock Mansion: This mansion is a popular tourist destination, and it offers beautiful views of Portland.
If you’re looking for House Cleaning Service in Portland, go with us!